Updated COVID-19 Vaccine Allocation Guidelines
Based on available supply, individuals described below are or will be eligible for COVID-19 vaccines:
- Phase 1A, all tiers*
- Phase 1B, Tier 1:
- Persons 65 years of age and older
- Sector populations: Education and Childcare** , Emergency Services*** , Food and Agriculture***.
We have confirmed that construction will fall under Phase 1B Tier Two.
Per the State’s webpage (https://covid19.ca.gov/vaccines/), Phase 1B Tier Two covers:
1B Tier Two:
- Those at risk of exposure at work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and logistics
- Industrial, commercial, residential, and sheltering facilities and services
- Critical manufacturing
- Congregate settings with outbreak risk: Incarcerated & Homeless
The construction essential workforce designation is covered under “Sector Index 13” of the essential workforce definitions, which is titled “industrial, commercial, residential, and sheltering facilities and services.”